Snow Removal Services
Keeping your lot safe & Clear
When a large storm comes, who can really say how long it will be before your property is taken care of? We know that having a clean, well-maintained and safe traffic area is important to our commercial clients.
Our services include:
- Snow blowing
- Ice control
- Sidewalk clearing and maintenance.
There’s no denying that Old Man Winter is on his way. Along with prepping your car for the cold weather and freeze-proofing your pipes, hiring a snow removal contractor may also be on your winter to-do list.
If so, follow these seven tips for hiring a snow removal contractor:
- Ask around. A personal recommendation is often the best way to find a good snow removal contractor.
- Get at least three estimates. Prices can vary widely, so shop around a bit.
- Ensure that someone visits your property in person. This is the only way to determine the scope of the snow removal and the proper price.
- Check in with the Better Business Bureau. They can help you find out if any complaints have been made about a particular snow removal contractor.
- Ask for references. Then make sure to follow up with them.
- Get it in writing. Your snow removal contractor should provide you with a written agreement that clearly spells out all the expected services.
A few of the issues you’ll want clarity on include:
- Will you be charged a fixed price all season or will you be charged by the amount of snowfall for the season?
- What time can you expect the snow service to clear your driveway?
(If you report to work at the crack of dawn, it’s definitely worth asking.)
- Are walks and steps included?
- Is the cost of sand and/or salt included
- What is the snowfall threshold to trigger the snow removal services?
- Is there an extra charge if the snow removal contractor has to come back the same day?
- Is there an extra charge for large snow storms?
- Are there any other potential additional charges?
- Is the contractor insured and bonded to cover any damage they cause to your property in the course of removing snow?
- How can you terminate the agreement—and is there a charge to do so?
7. Resist any attempts to pay up front and in cash. This kind of request is often connected with a snow removal scam. Hammer Construction is committed to providing customers with timely and well-rounded snow removal services. Whether you have an office building, retail center, or apartment complex, we will ensure that your lots are clear and safe throughout the winter season.